Airport Safety Week - September 18 to 22
Each day will focus on different safety topics and employees will be able to participate in online contests and have chances to win some great prizes including a grand prize draw! We are also hosting an in-person Airport Safety Week fair that will have participants from various areas of the airport including Airport Operations, GTAA Fire and Emergency Services, Falcon Environment Services, Mark's Commercial, PCL Construction, I am Toronto Pearson, and of course, our Toronto Pearson Safety Team!
Below you’ll find all the Airport Safety Week activities and links to learn more.
Activities this year include:
Airport Safety Week Fair
On Thursday, September 21, join us for our in-person Airport Safety Week Fair that will include an Airside Rodeo and guided tour of the Apron Management Unit (AMU). We’ll have displays, trials and information about all aspects of a safe workplace, including:
- The GTAA Fire and Emergency Services team’s Heart Cart
- Falcon Environmental Services also known as Birdman
- I Am Toronto Pearson
- Mark’s Commercial
- PCL Construction
- Toronto Pearson Safety Team
Come out to see the displays and get some fun giveaways! Please note: Registration for the Terminal 1 Apron tower tour is now full.
If you have an AVOP, and a provincial driver’s license, register to be a contestant in the Airside Rodeo! Registration is limited to 20 people per challenge based on first come, first served basis so don’t hesitate to sign up!
- Thursday, September 21
- 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Terminal 1 Airside: Gate 101 -103 (Airside Rodeo) and inside: lounge D1/D3 (Safety Fair)
- For the Airside Rodeo, anyone is welcome to join and observe, however, if you are interested in participating as a contestant you must register in advance.
Foreign Object Debris (FOD) Walk
Help keep the airside free of hazards by signing up for our FOD (Foreign Object Debris) walk on Friday, September 22 from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm, inclusive of lunch and award ceremony. *Registration is now closed.
Canadian Airports Council (CAC) Webinars
Throughout the week, CAC will be hosting educational webinars by leading experts in aviation safety each day. If you aren't able to attend, recordings will be available after the webinars.
- Tuesday, September 19: 10am PT/1pm ET - Disrupting Sexual Exploitation and Human Trafficking in Canadian Airports - Presentation by Natalie Muyres
- Wednesday, September 20: 10am PT/1pm ET - Enhancing Worker’s Safety by Evolving Culture - Presentation by Angeline Ram
Attention Safety Champions!
We want to make sure your safety and security awareness behaviours won’t go unrecognized! Suspicious Sam is returning and will be roaming Toronto Pearson all week making sure employees are showing correct identification and following the process at security doors. Those who are practicing safe movement will be rewarded.
Airside Safety and Public Safety Officers (ASO/PSO) will also be recognizing employees during safety week on the spot and handing out prizes in the moment for safe behaviours! Do you know a Toronto Pearson worker who has helped keep our airport safe? Recognize them by nominating them for a safety award.
Keep your eye on the website and our social media channels for updates and pictures!
Don't miss the special offer at Mark's during Airside Safety Week!
From September 17, 2023 to September 23, 2023, employees get 25% off regular priced merchandise at any Mark’s store across Canada. This excludes previous purchases and the purchase of gift cards. Print off the promo offer letter and present it in-store at the time of purchase.
Grand Prize Draw
Thanks to the generosity of all our sponsors for the incredible prizes. Participants in any of the contests and/or activities throughout the week are entered into the grand prize draw! There are many grand prizes to be won:
- Grand Prize: 1 pair of round-trip flight passes anywhere in Porter’s network (sponsored by Porter Airlines)
- 2nd prize: 1 pair of Blue Jays tickets (Sept 30th), a jersey and $100 Home Depot e-gift card (sponsored by Kenaidan, valued at $350)
- 3rd prize: 1 pair of Blue Jays tickets (Oct 1st), a jersey and $100 Home Depot e-gift card (sponsored by Kenaidan, valued at $350)
- Additional prizes:
- Shop vac and Milwaukee drill & tumbler set (sponsored by PCL Construction, valued at $450)
- 1 of 5 Mark’s Gift cards (valued at $150)
- Lounge Access Passes (sponsored by Plaza Premium, valued at $80)
- Car Care vouchers (sponsored by GTAA Parking, valued at $75)
- Firehall Tour (sponsored by GTAA Fire Emergency Services)
- YYZ bees honey (sponsored by GTAA Environmental Services)
- Up close and personal “bird flight demo” (sponsored by Falcon Environmental Services)
- Runway Inspection Tour (sponsored by AMF)
- Tour of K9 facility and demo (sponsored by Securiguard)
Thank you to our generous sponsors!
Check out what happened at our 2022 Airside Safety Week! Keep an eye out for our 2023 video.